It is a given that applications must provide users with the functionality necessary to accomplish some task or goal. The effectiveness of app functionality is the first determinate of how users perceive the apps they use. However, it is not the only thing that influences user satisfaction.
The User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) features developers build into apps have at least an equal amount of influence on users perception of an app. It may be an oversimplification, but UI/UX is largely (but not wholly) concerned with an apps "form". Personalization is an aspect of UX that tailors characteristics and actions to the individual user. Personalizing app functionality in this manner works to make the app easier and more pleasing to use.
The objective of the Hello app is to leverage geolocation to obtain the users country so it can then generate a customized greeting in the users native language.
- Developers should use the IP-API service to obtain the users IP.
- Developers should use the Fourtonfish service to obtain the greeting in the users native language by passing the users IP.
- Developers must use a HTML entities decoding to decode the hello message.
- User can see a mock login panel containing a user name text input field, a password text input field, and 'Login' and 'Logout' buttons.
- User can enter a mock login name into the User Name field.
- User can enter a mock password into the Password field. Input should
be masked so the user see's asterisks (
*) for each character that is entered rather than the plaintext password.
- User can click the 'Login' button to perform a mock login.
- User can see a message if either or both of the input fields are empty and the border color of the field(s) in error should be changed to red.
- User can see a login acknowledgement message in the format:
<hello-in-native-language> <user-name> you have successfully logged in!
- User can click the 'Logout' button to clear the text input fields and any previous messages.
- User can see a new message when successfully logged out in the format:
Have a great day <user-name>!
- User can see an additional text input field for a language code which will be used to override the IP obtained through geolocation. Hint: this is a great feature for testing your app.
- User can see additional geolocation information after logging on that includes at least the local IP address, city, region, country name, zip code, longitude, latitude, and timezone.