Regular Expression Helper
Regular Expressions should be a valuable part of any developers toolbox. They provide a concise way to describe a pattern that can be used to test, search, match, replace, or split the contents of a string. Regular Expressions provide functionality you might otherwise have to implement using loops and more lines of code.
The Regular Expression Helper helps you learn more about Regular Expressions by building a useful tool you'll also be able to use to test expressions you use in your apps.
- User can enter a regular expression.
- User can enter a string the regular expression can be run against.
- User can click a 'Run' button to test
- User can see a warning message if no regular expression was entered.
- User can see a warning message if no string was entered.
- User can see the matching text highlighted indicating if
test()was able to locate the pattern in the string.
- User can see a message if none of the text was matched.
- User can select the flags (like 'g') to be used in the regular expression from a dropdown - global, case insensitive, multiline, sticky.
- User can select the RegExp function to be applied from a dropdown - test, search, or match
- User can see a message indicating the result of the selected RegExp function.
- Developer can run automated tests using a testing framework such as Jest