Battleship Bot takes the Battleship Game Engine to the next level. This challenge uses your Battleship Game Engine to create a presentation layer using Discord's bot API to allow you to play the game via a Discord chat.
- User can display game rules by entering
bb helpinto the chat window.
- User can start a game by entering
bb startinto the chat
- User can target a cell by entering
bb shoot r,cinto the chat window, where
care the row and column coordinates of the cell to be targeted.
- User can see the game board showing hits and misses displayed by the bot after each shot is taken
- User can see a congratulations message after the shot that sinks the last remaining ship.
- User can surrender a game by entering
bb surrenderin the chat window.
- User can see a card containing a graphical representation of the hits and misses rather than a simple 2D table of characters.
Useful links and resources
- Battleship Game Engine
- How to Create a Discord Bot Under 15 Minutes
- Using Embeds in Messages
- Discord Developer Portal